High Definition Dentistry® can provide the ultimate solution to your smile problem so that in the years to come, your smile can continue to reflect your inner beauty.
Oral Cancer Screening - ViziLite Plus™ Frequently Asked Questions
More Than 30,000 People Are Diagnosed With Oral Cancer Each Year
High-Definition Dentistry® uses the new ViziLite Plus™ screening technology to fight against oral cancer. If discovered in its early stages, oral cancer is 90 percent curable.
- More than 30,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer each year.
- Eight thousand Americans die annually from oral cancer, making it more deadly than cervical, brain, or skin cancer.
- More than 50 percent of patients diagnosed with oral cancer will die within 5 years.
- Ninety percent of oral cancer patients are age 40 or older. Age is the primary risk factor.
- Patients younger than 40 years of age are considered high risk if they have contracted human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Users of any smoking or chewing tobacco, currently or within the past ten years.
- Users of one or more alcoholic drinks daily, including one beer, one glass of wine, or one drink of spirits.
- Patients with any combination of these risk factors and patients with a family history of oral cancer are considered at highest risk.
- Alarmingly, 27 percent of oral cancer victims have no lifestyle risk factors.